Teacher-Student Relationship Criminal Defense Houston Lawyer.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/6″][vc_single_image image=”8343″ img_size=”full” onclick=”custom_link” link=”samadamolaw.vaultwebsites.com”][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][gap height=”20″][vc_column_text]
- Former Prosecutor.
- Former Criminal Defense Attorney for the Police Union.
- Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist, including teacher-student crimes.
- “…one of the outstanding criminal defense attorneys in Houston…”-Houston Chronicle.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Rating on Google, Yelp, and Avvo.
- Top Houston Teacher-Student Attorneys.
If you have been accused of an improper teacher-student relationship, you are not alone. Recent data has shown Texas leads the country in student-teacher criminal accusations. Our nationally recognized criminal defense firm has successfully defended many persons accused of having an inappropriate student-teacher relationship. With your future on the line, we have the confidence, skills, and resources to provide you with an elite defense team.
Contact us to learn how!
Sex Crime Defense Attorneys – Improper Relationship Between Student and Teacher – The Law.
Tex. Penal Code 21.12 controls an improper relationship between a teacher and student.
(a) An employee of a public or private primary or secondary school commits an offense if the employee:
(1) engages in sexual contact, sexual intercourse, or deviate sexual intercourse with a person who is enrolled in a public or private primary or secondary school at which the employee works;
(2) holds a certificate or permit issued as provided by Subchapter B, Chapter 21, Education Code, or is a person who is required to be licensed by a state agency as provided by Section 21.003(b), Education Code, and eagles in sexual contact, sexual intercourse, or deviate sexual intercourse with a person the employee knows is:
(A) enrolled in a public primary or secondary school in the same school district as the school at which the employee works; or
(B) a student participant in an educational activity that is sponsored by a school district or a public or private primary or secondary school if:
(i) students enrolled in a public or private primary or secondary school are the primary participants in the activity; and
(ii) the employee provides education services to those participate; or
(3) engages in conduct described by Section 33.021, with a person described by Subdivision (1) or a person the employee knows is a person described by Subdivision (2)(A) or (B), regardless of the age of that person.
Sex Crime Defense Attorneys – Improper Relationship Between Student and Teacher – Statutory Defenses.
(b-1) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section that:
(1) the actor was the spouse of the enrolled person at the time of the offense; or
(2) the actor was not more than three years older than the enrolled person and, at the time of the offense the actor and the enrolled person were in a relationship that began before the actor’s employment at a public or private primary or secondary school.
Sex Crime Defense Attorneys – Improper Relationship Between Student and Teacher – Punishment Range.
2nd Degree Felony (2 – 20 years in prison; up to $10,000 fine).[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/6″][vc_custom_heading text=”Criminal Defense” font_container=”tag:h4|text_align:left|color:%23000000″][divider style=”line” color=”#1e73be” size=”3px”][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”sidebar-page”][/vc_column][/vc_row]