- Former Prosecutor.
- Former Counsel for the Police Union.
- Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist.
- “…one of the outstanding criminal defense attorneys in Houston…”-Houston Chronicle.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Rating on Google, Yelp, EZ Local, and Avvo.
- Highly Sought-After Houston Murder Lawyer.
With over fifty years of combined murder criminal defense experience our nationally recognized murder lawyers in Houston are trained to provide you with first-class solutions using innovative murder defense.
Contact our a Houston murder lawyer now!
Houston Area Murder Lawyer
In general four different types of criminal homicide or murder exist
(more severe to less severe):
- Capital Murder;
- Murder (including Felony Murder);
- Criminally Negligent Homicide
Murder Lawyer – Capital Murder
A person commits capital murder if he or she intentionally or knowingly:
- Murders a peace officer or fireman who is acting in the lawful discharge of an official duty and who the person knows is a peace officer or fireman;
- Commits murder in the course of committing or attempting to commit kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, arson, obstruction or retaliation, or terroristic threat;
- Commits a murder for hire;
- Murders more than one person:
- during the same criminal transaction; or
- during different criminal transactions but the murders are committed pursuant to the same scheme or course of conduct; or
- Murders an individual under six years of age.
Punishment: Life or Death
Murder Lawyer & Murder
A person commits murder if he or she:
- Intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an individual;
- Intends to cause serious bodily injury and commits an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual; or
- Commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual.
In subsection (1) and (2) the person must have “intent to kill.” Subsection (3) refers to the Felony Murder Doctrine, where “intent to kill” is not required. If you have two prior DWI convictions, are driving while intoxicated and cause death, you can be charged with felony murder.
Punishment (1st Degree Felony): 5 – 99 years, or life in prison.
Murder Lawyer – Manslaughter
An individual is guilty of manslaughter if he or she recklessly causes the death of another. Acting recklessly does not require proof of “intent to kill.”
Vehicular Manslaughter is a type of manslaughter where it is alleged you were intoxicated and your intoxication resulted in the death of another.
Manslaughter Punishment (2nd Degree Felony): 2 – 20 years in prison
Murder Houston Lawyer – Criminally Negligent Homicide
A person commits criminally negligent homicide if he or she causes the death of an individual by criminal negligence. A person acts with criminal negligence, or is criminally negligent, when he ought to be aware of a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the circumstances surrounding his conduct exist or the result will occur.
Punishment (State Jail Felony): 180 days – 2 years in a state jail facility (day for day).
Contact Our Murder Criminal Defense Lawyers Now To Learn More!
If you or someone you know is being investigated for or has been charged with one of the above criminal offenses, you need an experienced Houston murder lawyer with the skills, resources and confidence to fight the government. We have successfully handled a number of murder cases, both locally and nationally. The Adamo & Adamo Law Firm has a Houston murder lawyer ready to provide you high-quality criminal defense when needed most.