- Over 40% dismissal or not guilty rate. 8 Xs the national average!
- Former Counsel to the Police – Former Prosecutor.
- Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist.
- “…one of the outstanding criminal defense attorneys in Houston…”-Houston Chronicle.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Rating from former Clients
Drug Penalty Group (PG) 1 & 1-A – Quick Hitter
PG 1: Cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, GHB, ketamine, oxycodone, and hydrocodone.
PG 1-A: LSD
Texas Drug Penalty Groups 1 (PG1) and 1- A (PG1-A)
The Texas Health and Safety Code breaks up controlled substances into five penalty groups, plus an additional marijuana category. While some of the substances are legal prescription drugs, it is illegal to possess them without a vaild prescription. Below if all drugs listed for Texas Drug Penalty Group 1 & Texas Drug Penalty Group 1 – A.
Texas Drug Charges – Penalty Group 1 (PG1)
Health and Safety Code 481.102
Penalty Group 1 consists of:
(1) the following opiates, including their isomers, esters, ethers, salts, and salts of isomers, esters, and ethers, unless specifically excepted, if the existence of these isomers, esters, ethers, and salts is possible within the specific chemical designation:
Difenoxin not listed in Penalty Group 3 or 4;
(2) the following opium derivatives, their salts, isomers, and salts of isomers, unless specifically excepted, if the existence of these salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation:
Etorphine, except hydrochloride salt;
(3) the following substances, however produced, except those narcotic drugs listed in another group:
(A) Opium and opiate not listed in Penalty Group 3 or 4, and a salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of opium or opiate, other than thebaine derived butorphanol, nalmefene and its salts, naloxone and its salts, and naltrexone and its salts, but including:
Codeine not listed in Penalty Group 3 or 4;
Ethylmorphine not listed in Penalty Group 3 or 4;
Hydrocodone not listed in Penalty Group 3;
Morphine not listed in Penalty Group 3;
Opium fluid extracts;
Tincture of opium;
(B) a salt, compound, isomer, derivative, or preparation of a substance that is chemically equivalent or identical to a substance described by Paragraph (A), other than the isoquinoline alkaloids of opium;
(C) Opium poppy and poppy straw;
(D) Cocaine, including:
(i) its salts, its optical, position, and geometric isomers, and the salts of those isomers;
(ii) coca leaves and a salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of coca leaves;
(iii) a salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of a salt, compound, or derivative that is chemically equivalent or identical to a substance described by Subparagraph (i) or (ii), other than decocainized coca leaves or extractions of coca leaves that do not contain cocaine or ecgonine; and
(E) concentrate of poppy straw, meaning the crude extract of poppy straw in liquid, solid, or powder form that contains the phenanthrine alkaloids of the opium poppy;
(4) the following opiates, including their isomers, esters, ethers, salts, and salts of isomers, if the existence of these isomers, esters, ethers, and salts is possible within the specific chemical designation:
Acetyl-alpha-methylfentanyl (N-[1-(1-methyl-2-phenethyl) -4-piperidinyl]-N-phenylacetamide);
Beta-hydroxyfentanyl (N-[1-(2-hydroxy-2-phenethyl)-4-piperidinyl] -N-phenylpropanamide);
Dihydrocodeine not listed in Penalty Group 3 or 4;
Diphenoxylate not listed in Penalty Group 3 or 4;
Fentanyl or alpha-methylfentanyl, or any other derivative of Fentanyl;
Methadone-Intermediate, 4-cyano-2-dimethylamino-4, 4-diphenyl butane;
3-methylfentanyl(N-[3-methyl-1-(2-phenylethyl)- 4-piperidyl]-N- phenylpropanamide);
3-methylthiofentanyl(N-[3-methyl-1-(2-thienyl) ethyl-4-piperidinyl]-N – phenylpropanamide);
Moramide-Intermediate, 2-methyl-3-morpholino-1, 1-diphenyl-propane- carboxylic acid;
Para-fluorofentanyl(N-(4-fluorophenyl)-N-1- (2-phenylethyl)-4- piperidinylpropanamide);
Pethidine-Intermediate-B, ethyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4 carboxylate;
Pethidine-Intermediate-C, 1-methyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4-carboxylic acid;
Thiofentanyl(N-phenyl-N-[1-(2-thienyl)ethyl-4- piperidinyl]- propanamide);
(5) Flunitrazepam ( trade or other name: Rohypnol);
(6) Methamphetamine, including its salts, optical isomers, and salts of optical isomers;
(7) Phenylacetone and methylamine, if possessed together with intent to manufacture methamphetamine;
(8) Phencyclidine, including its salts;
(9) Gamma hydroxybutyric acid (some trade or other names: gamma hydroxybutyrate, GHB), including its salts; and
Texas Drug Charges Penalty Group 1 – A (PG1 – A)
Health and Safety Code 481.1021
Penalty Group 1-A consists of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), including its salts, isomers, and salts of isomers.