- Former Harris County Prosecutor.
- Former Criminal Defense Counsel Houston Police Union.
- Board Certified Criminal Defense Specialist.
- “…one of the outstanding criminal defense attorneys in Houston…”-Houston Chronicle.
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Attorney Rating on Google, Yelp, and Avvo.
Contact us now!
Texas Penal Code 22.09, Tampering with a Consumer Product:
(a) In this section:
(1) “Consumer Product” means any product offered for sale to or for consumption by the public and includes “food” and “drugs” as those terms are defined in Section 431.002, Health and Safety Code.
(2) “Tamper” means to alter or add a foreign substance to a consumer product to make it probable that the consumer product will cause serious bodily injury.
(b) A person commits an offense if he knowingly or intentionally tampers with a consumer product knowing that the consumer product will be offered for sale to the public or as a gift to another.
(c) A person commits an offense if he knowingly or intentionally threatens to tamper with a consumer product with the intent to cause fear, to affect the sale of the consumer product, or to cause bodily injury to any person.
(d) An offense under Subsection (b) is a felony of the second degree unless a person suffers serious bodily injury, in which event it is a felony of the first degree. An offense under Subsection (c) is a felony of the third degree.